Friday, August 20, 2010

What is and is Not Seen

The waves on top of the ocean- all the eye can see
Conceals the many wonders and horrors beneath them be.
Storms along the surface, tranquility deep below.
Of miracles and possibilities, those deep inside could show.
The tip of the hidden iceberg; to us it may seem huge,
But ninety-nine percent of it below surface takes refuge.
You cannot judge a masterpiece by only what is shown
The Maker of it only can of its priceless-ness know.
Shirts and pants to cover up what we don’t want there.
Excuses that we’re modest, but our bodies we can’t share.
Eden was all bare, because they both were pure.
We wear clothes because our purity did not endure.
I wish so badly that I could openly share my soul.
I’d let my shielded protection down and of my heart you’d know.
Why does it make you frightened to see that which is true?
I’ve risked my entire existence, my whole security on you.
Yet it’s worth all pain, all heartache, each wound received- to give!
He who’s never felt to die… does he ever truly live?

1 comment: