Saturday, August 21, 2010

About You

Twenty-four karats, a gold diamond ring.
Twenty-four carrots on horseback to bring.
Twenty-four carrots I picked just for you.
Twenty-four diamonds refined equal you.
Twenty-four divided by a total of eight,
Gives the diamond ring its total weight.
The golden ring’s weight as one equals three.
Three is my number; it is lucky for me.
But what is your number- I’d love to know.
Is it possible to give; is it possible to show?
I must be informed- you must tell me why
I find your number is high as the sky.
What is your number, dearest one, may I see?
This poem’s for you, straight back from me.
So give me your number, for show and for tell.
Cure me of troubles, make everything well.

1 comment:

  1. I wrote this for someone as a teenager. Gotta respect young love, eh?

    ReplyDelete