Friday, August 20, 2010

The J.L. Peno

Green and smooth with seeds inside
A stem with which to hold
A startling bite of fire makes its taste the boldest of bold
Perhaps the color is what makes me grin
Or its fiery, eye-watering crunch
That jalapeno adds the zest to an otherwise boring lunch
Try it in salads for your guest’s surprise
Or breaded with a cream cheese fill
Set those babies out to cool- not one will steal off your sill
It takes pure fortitude and a deep breath
A pause and a mighty gulp
That little green devil clears you out and reduces your stomach to pulp
And yet I will give out my money
To have them in my subs
That combo of meatball, bread, and cheese is one of my greatest loves
Long live the J.L. Peno
May it forever burn the tongue
I salute the J.L. Peno
It cleans out throat and lung

1 comment: