Wednesday, August 18, 2010

If I Fall

If I fall without a reason, pick me up and dust me off.
If I seems as though I’m fading, help me through, thanks a lot.
When fierce demons try kill me, hold my hand if weak my knack.
If I’m close to death and fading fast, call my name and I’ll be back.
Sometimes I feel like I am close, close to losing all my nerve.
I sometimes wonder in my struggles, if my plea for help is heard.
Would that I could win on my own, but a cripple cannot stand,
Without someone to raise me to my feet, offer a caring hand.
Life is oh so hard to bear, when you take it on your own.
A single ant can’t build an anthill, if he tries it all alone.
Many hands make work easy, if those hands use all their might.
And the structure will be strengthened, if they build into the night.
I am weak and I am falling, weakening quickly, falling fast.
I need your help so I can stand, catch my hand and I will last.
I wish I had the strength to survive, so I could stand all on my own.
And when I knew that I was able, I’d give that should be shown.
When we separate to be alone, it makes a weakness unknown to us.
Without that friend to lean on, we’ll die at adversity’s first thrust.
Like the canopy that won’t stand, if it has but one pole to grasp,
We’ll be destroyed, though it take decades; we will fall at long last.
So have someone to lean on, if you can see the flood’s great path.
Cause that flood takes all not strengthened,
By its unstoppable wrath.
Be ready when the storm comes, for all the damage it could do,
You’ll find yourself not standing,
Your soul will be soaked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment