Saturday, August 21, 2010

Heart of All Hearts

As you look over my body, this skin, this face,
What you could see cannot be erased.
You see nothing except what is shown skin deep.
Appearance is your forte, it is all that you keep.
You are so blind, so ignorant, so wrong.
You couldn’t begin to guess the nature of my soul’s song.
The reason? - you look only with the naked eye.
The colors of my soul would be enough to make you cry.
The Greatest of all took every human’s pain,
To help them become great, it was all for their gain.
To die by the hands of those He would save
Was the only sacrifice that could conquer the grave.
I gave up my heart, with nothing to gain.
You ripped it apart, and mocked my pain.
I knew what would happen; I did it willingly.
There is still something greater that none will ever see.
It is too precious, to expose to sharp darts.
I call it, by name, my sacred heart of hearts.

1 comment:

  1. A normally cheerful soul in a moment of bitterness. I do not feel this way much of the time.

    ReplyDelete