Tuesday, August 24, 2010

1) Embracing The Storm

Long have I retreated before the tempest’s mighty wrath.
No matter how I twist and turn,
I stay centered in its path.
Maybe my time at last has come; I soon may hear the call.
For my way is barred by
An endless, sky-high wall.
Flight’s End before me, surely sounds of Death follow behind.
Now I have no choice but to choose
So I here make up my mind.
It helps me not to cower in a helpless, fearful form.
I step back from the cold, unfeeling wall,
And face the storm.
Once, twice, thrice
Against the rock my body’s thrown.
Through each successive blast
Both my pain and faith have grown.
I realize, if stay I here, my ending will be sure.
Now through the storm I push- each fiber plays its part as I endure.
Thunder, lightning, snow and hail,
Freezing rain each show their hand.
Still I’m pushing through the pain; still I stumble, fall, and stand.
The tempest’s fury grows, but my strength grows in equal measure.
Soon every pain-filled step holds
A touch of winner’s pleasure.
No sun is shown, no warming orb from heaven given me.
My light comes from within:
Though all is dark, at last I see!
I left the wall for the unknown; faith’s rock alone I stayed.
Waves of giddiness within- I no longer am afraid!

1 comment:

  1. This poem and the three that follow have already been posted elsewhere on the web. I put them here also to have a more complete collection of my poems in one place.

    ReplyDelete