Monday, September 6, 2010

Why

I sit here thinking on the significance of the life I’ve led.
I wonder what, before I lived, my Savior to me said.
I’m sure he shared the marvelous love he’s always had for me,
And showed me all things that my faith permitted me to see.
He knew I would face trials, troubles, tribulations too.
I have no doubt he told me to be strong, and good, and true.
He knew I’d make mistakes, and yet he wants me to come Home,
No matter that I’d wander far, and in the dark I’d roam.
I’ve reached a point that I have found my desire is the same.
I wish my Savior would my whole soul, in His power, claim.
Though I’m glad I’ve lived upon the earth, and touched hearts not a few,
I desire cleansing fire to make pure my heart anew.
And then I wish to stand before Him, made worthy once more.
I look upon His Face, and know He is the One I did it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment