Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Help Me

‘Help me, good friends,’ I say to them.
‘Help me to stay near the light.
I have nearly given all I have;
I can hardly even fight.
I no longer want to give it my all;
I no longer want to try.
Help me to somehow stay on the path.
Help me, please,’ I cry.
‘I have felt that my time is now,
And yet I am still here.
Help me to walk these last few steps;
Help me to conquer my fear.
Help me to make it back to my home,
Where I so wish to be.
Help me to shake these shackles away;
Help me to become free.
Help me, O help me to give it my all
Even though now it’s true
All I want is to hear the call,
‘It’s over now, you’re through!’
I need your help as never before.
I need you to carry me on.
I need your light and your life as my own.
I need you to help make me strong.
Help me to walk when my strength is no more.
Help me to fight through the pain.
Help me to keep my face to the fore.
That I may realize the gain.
Help me to try when I am done trying.
Help me to run while I’m weak.
Help me to live when the grave’s solace
Is truly all that I seek.
Help me to finish my wandering course.
Help me be finished now.
Help me, that those who hear my full tale
Will someday say ‘Wow.’
Help me to be a hero again,
A force for good on the earth.
Help me to see through my Savior’s eyes
The lesson of how much I’m worth.’

No comments:

Post a Comment